What you'll learn
Learn 3ds Max + V-Ray from scratch by creating your first arch viz project in the first 6 hrs of the course
Take your rendering knowledge from basic to pro by following along with multiple projects using a pro workflow
Become comfortable creating with the two industry standard software packages, 3ds Max and V-Ray
Learn to use Photoshop for texture creation and post-processing your renderings
Learn Vray materials, lighting and cameras.
Provide the foundation for starting a career in 3d visualization.
Complete your first photoreal, professional rendering using 3ds Max and Vray.
Improve your lighting, composition, and post-processing skills
Start creating professional looking 3d visualization by following along with the course projects.
After learning the basics with the first projects, jump into more advanced projects with the latest versions of the software
New content added regularly
Adjust your knowledge for the most up to date versions of the software
64 bit Windows operating system
Computer and Internet
Ability to download / install trial software
Basic computer knowledge
Knowledge of CAD, 3d software, photo editing, art / illustration -- helpful but not necessary.
Previous experience in a design field is helpful, but also not necessary.
- teaches 3ds Max and V-Ray from the very beginning
- follows a project from nothing, all the way to the end
- demonstrates the exact workflow that I use daily as a practicing professional (thus the PRO part)
- uses my UI setup, shortcuts, etc (all downloadable for your use)
- shows you everything you need to know to create a basic project
- uses 3ds Max 2011, so as long as you have any version after that, you should be able to follow (updates have been made where necessary to account for changes all the way up to most current versions)
- contains 6 HRS of video from start to finish
- brings you up to speed with the latest versions of the software and fills in the gaps where they exist
- more advanced techniques (i.e. HDRI lighting, etc)
- more advanced and complex projects
- currently two additional projects to follow along with, including an advanced interior and exterior.
- much higher production quality than original videos
- awesome new content being added regularly to make you aware of new techniques, software updates, etc.
- new projects coming soon
- Are you currently in a job you do not enjoy?Jobs in 3d are seriously fun and rewarding!
- Are you an architecture student who feels overwhelmed sometimes trying to learn complicated software just to present your design properly? This course can get you up and running QUICK! Plus, you'll learn it the right way, from a pro.
- Are you a SketchUp user who is no longer satisfied with the modeling / rendering capabilities of SketchUp, and are ready to take your 3d skills to the next level? SketchUp is great at what it does, but it falls short when it comes to making flashy, photoreal images. Also, bring your sketchUp with you, then learn to import it into 3ds Max and render with V-Ray, the best render engine out there.
- Are you a practicing architect that needs a better way to portray your designs to clients? You've come to the right place. I am an expert at just that.
- Maybe you're a gamer who wants to create your own game assets? Even you should learn 3ds Max. It is the industry standard for video games, and I personally have used it for asset creation for my unity 3d games.
- For absolute beginners, I will show you how to get the software as a free trial and start finding your way around. I will also go over how to customize your UI for a professional workflow, because why learn the slow way to do things, right? I'll also share with you my custom UI files. Of course, you can skip all of this if you are more seasoned.
- Next we will start with the basics of modeling. I will show you different techniques, and we will begin to work on our project. Again, files will be provided if you want / need them.
- With modeling down, we will go into V-Ray and start playing with lighting, materials, cameras, render settings, etc.
- Finally, we will learn how to enhance our images with Photoshop. I give some great post-processing tips in this course.
- By the end you will be able to create architectural renderings on your own with a completely professional setup and workflow. Then it is your turn to start practicing your skills, creating beautiful work, building a portfolio and landing a job.
- AFTER THE INITIAL PROJECT - once you have completed your first project and learned the basics, I will then move into more advanced techniques (also, there is fully professional interior V-Ray project coming soon that students will be able to learn along with -- this is for more advanced users, or people who are ready to move on from the initial 6 hrs of instruction)
- Design professionals who want to learn 3D
- Architecture students
- SketchUp users looking to advance their skill set
- Anyone with a vague interest in 3d
- Draftsman who are interested in learning rendering
- Current 3ds Max users who want to learn how to work with Vray
- Gamers who want to learn to model their own game assets (especially architectural ones) in 3ds Max.